Thursday, March 13, 2008

Matthew's First Field Trip

Today I joined Matthew on his very first field trip. All the kindergartners at his school went to visit a farm. I got to ride on the bus with him and he really thought that was funny.

Our first stop on the farm was to feed some of the animals. At first Matthew wanted no part of it and then he surprised me by holding out his hand for some goat food. He then got to feed a piece of carrot to a horse and then pet some bunnies.

The other highlight of the day was our last activity of going on a hayride to see all the cows. We were at a dairy farm so there were lots of cows. Matthew and I are both allergic to hay so we are feeling pretty miserable tonight.

All in all it was a lot of fun and it was good to see that he is not so different from "typical" kindergartners. I was also so proud of him for feeding the animals. Something I am not sure I would have done even today.


3 comments:

heidi jo said...

what special memories! and such a brave boy. :)

April said...

What a fun memory indeed! I am so proud of him and I am so glad you were there to enjoy it ;)!

jolleyzoo said...

wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!