As some of you may know, Our little unborn baby died last week and we found out this week. Today I had surgery to remove the baby and all went well. It was a little hard to go through all the pre-op stuff as it was almost all the same things I went through for both c-sections. It also occurred to me that both c-sections were on Wednesdays and so was this surgery. Everyone has been so nice and I appreciate all your prayers and all your love.
It has been a very emotional week for us but life goes on when you have 3 boys needing your love and attention. So last night Lukey told me he needed to go potty and off we went to sit on the toilet and voila he DID IT!!!! I was so proud of him and we made a big deal about it and he got his Thomas and Friends Cranky. It has been sitting in a box in my room for a week and he knew he had to "pee pee in the potty" to get it. Last week he was still so stubborn about the whole thing. This week he has been at my moms 3 days in a row and she had him sitting on the toilet but nothing ever happened. I am so glad he did this for me last night. I still have him in pull-ups but plan to start the underwear again next week when I am feeling better. Luke has always been a very intuitive little boy something that is amazing for his age but really needed for his brothers. He has known that Mommy hasn't been having a good week and has added me to his prayers at night all by himself without prompting. As much trouble as he is, he is equally if not more such a joy. He had to give me kisses and hugs all afternoon and was really gentle with me. I love my Lukeypants and am really praying that this is the start of no more diapers!
It has been a very emotional week for us but life goes on when you have 3 boys needing your love and attention. So last night Lukey told me he needed to go potty and off we went to sit on the toilet and voila he DID IT!!!! I was so proud of him and we made a big deal about it and he got his Thomas and Friends Cranky. It has been sitting in a box in my room for a week and he knew he had to "pee pee in the potty" to get it. Last week he was still so stubborn about the whole thing. This week he has been at my moms 3 days in a row and she had him sitting on the toilet but nothing ever happened. I am so glad he did this for me last night. I still have him in pull-ups but plan to start the underwear again next week when I am feeling better. Luke has always been a very intuitive little boy something that is amazing for his age but really needed for his brothers. He has known that Mommy hasn't been having a good week and has added me to his prayers at night all by himself without prompting. As much trouble as he is, he is equally if not more such a joy. He had to give me kisses and hugs all afternoon and was really gentle with me. I love my Lukeypants and am really praying that this is the start of no more diapers!

2 comments:
Hope you are feeling better soon, there is nothing more healing than your kids. They keep you going :)
SO PRECIOUS that Luke has been such a sweetie AND that he chose NOW to make such progress! I'm glad you have little rays of sunshine... praying the clouds lift more and more.
heidi jo
Post a Comment