Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Little of This and That

Sorry it has been a few weeks since my last post. Life has again been busy with illness and other things. I went on a little vacation for 4 days in the middle of February. Just me, no kids and no husband. I went to visit my dear friend, Amy in Oklahoma. But before that we had another round or ear infections and I came down with bronchitis and pink eye. Not a fun way to leave for a vacation but I survived.
The twins also had their 6 year reevaluation for autism. In Arizona, in order to keep your state assistance for therapy programs, kids have to have another diagnosis at the age of 6. I guess they think it just in case the child get better with early intervention.
Not much has changed. They are still autistic. However, they are now officially considered underweight. Jonathan is underweight and Matthew is on the border. They do eat, just not a lot of variety and they are very active. Jonathan, however, has stopped eating some things at home, namely his chicken nuggets. This has been a staple for him since he was able to eat table food and he usually has this for dinner at least twice a week. So for him to stop eating it is not a good thing. I could understand if he was sick of it but he eats chicken nuggets at school and he also eats them at Grandma's and at Grandma's house they are the same chicken nuggets that I buy. I have been in tears pleading with him to eat some nights and other nights I just have to leave the room and let Eric deal with it. I have been told that Jonathan might be doing this because he knows how much it means to me and in a way it is his way of having power over me. His eating has been foremost in my mind lately and will even cry myself to sleep thinking about it. Matthew is skinny but Jonathan looks like an anorexic, he just looks so frail and that if I grabbed his arm the wrong way it would snap. It is so very scary to me.
All this to say, could you please keep both boys in your prayers, especially Jonathan. Thank you.

2 comments:

April said...

I will definitely be praying for you and the boys! Love your new header!

heidi jo said...

sarah - this definitely would be scary for a mom... and overwhelming every way you look at it.

i will pray.