Friday, June 6, 2008

Jonathan's Loss and Gain.


For the past couple of weeks Jonathan has had a very loose tooth but it just wouldn't come out. Last week it was really bothering him but no matter how much we wiggled it the tooth just wouldn't come out. It was a very tiny tooth and we couldn't get a good grip on it. We left it alone the past couple of days and this morning I just decided to ask him how it was doing. He opened his mouth and I noticed that a new tooth was already coming in. I stuck my finger in his mouth and pushed the baby tooth out. He complained for about 30 seconds and then was fine. So he lost his first tooth today and already has a new one coming in. Matthew, who lost his first tooth in February, still doesn't have his new tooth in yet. On an interesting twin note, When their first teeth came in the both got their front bottom tooth in but Matthew got his left one in first and Jonathan his right. They also lost those same teeth first. We have long suspected that they are mirror image twins from other things about them and this is just another to add to that.

I tried to get some pictures of the missing tooth but didn't have much success. Here they are anyway.

It's his front right tooth or your left. Yes, he has crowns in his mouth.

I don't know why he had to close his eyes when he opened his mouth. You can see the new tooth in this one.


He then decided he needed his picture taken with his Dinoco Helicopter. Luke wanted his picture taken too but was not happy that he didn't have the helicopter. Matthew is playing the piano for us in the background.

2 comments:

April said...

Looking good! Clarisse is so close to losing a nother tooth in the front. It is such a different step in life when they are losing their teeth! They are getting so OLD!

Hope you are feeling good today!

Kristin Pattison said...

I remember seeing you when you were pregnant with the twins-now look how old :) Hope the summer is going well and that you are not too sick