Well, it has happened. Jonathan now calls me "Mom." Every once in a while when he gets hurt or really needs something of me he still calls me Mommy. But for the most part it is just Mom. This is a little sad for me. I love being Mommy and am not real thrilled to hear my 6 year old calling me Mom. The way he says it is quite funny. It's really long when he says it. I don't know when he discovered that he could just shorten my name but I guess it was eventually going to happen. I think the tough part is the fact that they never called me Mommy until they were almost 4. It was a dream come true and now only 3 years later one of them has stopped and I am sure the other 2 will pick up on it real soon.
The good news in all of this is come January I will have another little one that will call me "Mommy." So I know I have a few more years to hear one of my most favorite words.
Another story along the same lines. Luke overheard Eric call me "Bear" which Eric has called me since we got married. Luke got real upset by this and had to set Daddy straight. "Daddy." Luke said "She's not a bear she's a mommy." All weekend if Eric called me any term of endearment we have heard this same sentence. Luke is very determined to teach Daddy that I am Mommy. Isn't that sweet?
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i'm SO glad to hear luke still "has your back" on the mommy name. :) i think if seth ever quits calling me mama, i'll just quit answering until he fixes it. :)
Its so true, so sad. I know my kids were not going to call me Mommy forever but I was so sad when they started to call me Mom. It still bugs me but what can you do. Just soak it up from the younger ones, while you can.
Post a Comment