Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Vacation Begins

Today is the first day of the twins Christmas break. I am thrilled with the thought of not having to get my boys up and ready for the bus that comes at 6:55 in the morning, but I am not happy about them being home all day for 2 weeks.
Today I implemented rule number 1, more for my sanity than anything else. When Luke goes down for his nap after lunch all the boys will be going to their rooms. The twins have to stay up there for at least an hour. I did do this on Saturday and it worked very well. The twins stayed in their room for 2 hours and only came out to go potty. So far they have been up there for 30 minutes. I got the house picked up from their morning mess and the dishes going in the dishwasher. Now I am enjoying some computer time.
I don't care if the twins nap, I actually prefer them not to anymore because then they won't fall asleep at night. But Luke still needs his nap and that is the only way to get him up there so he doesn't feel like he is missing out on something. Let's hope I can keep this going so well for 2 more weeks.

No comments: