Sunday, December 16, 2007

What Did You Say?

So tonight I was loading the boys into our van to go to church and Matthew looks at me and says "Happy Holidays, Mommy." My first thought to that was "WHAT????" But I just looked at him and said "Matthew, we say Merry CHRISTmas."
Now there was a time this wouldn't have bothered me but in recent years the term Happy Holidays has been used in place of Merry Christmas trying to take the Christ out of the Christmas season. I make it a point to return a "happy holidays" greeting with a "Merry CHRISTmas".
I was just so blown away that Matthew would say this to me. I wonder if he was taught to say this at school or if he just picked it up off the television. With him you never know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well THAT Matthew, he always says the cutiest things. I get so happy when he says anything that he just comes up with. Like it must be Dec. because the Christmas lights are out. He is so smart.....Thankyou Lord. grandma Janet

Doni Brinkman said...

I haven't heard Happy Holidays or Merry CHRISTmas this season. Have I been too busy and preoccupied to pay attention to the greetings I am getting?

KL said...

Great story I love to hear that. my dad would be so happy with your--he is always telling people "Merry Christmas" That is also great about the piano--you must post pics soon!