Friday, December 21, 2007

Baking Cookies


So today I decided to let the boys bake Christmas cookies. My mom came over to help. Actually, she did most of the work. She is usually the one who make the Christmas Cutout cookies with the kids and I thought I would give it a try by myself this year. But once Mom/Framma gets here it's so easy to let her take over. Luke was the only one really interested in making cookies. Jonathan did make one cutout and then retreated to the stairs to look at books. Matthew was excited for cookie making, but it turned out he really just wanted to decorate them. We decided to frost them this year and Matthew had me make the four colors that came in the food coloring package. Luke got a little carried away with the frosting and the sprinkles and was covered in frosting. What do you expect from a two year old? Here are some pictures from the event.

This is Luke making Christmas Train cookies.


This is Jonathan making his ONE cookie.


Here I am making frosting for Matthew. Pay no attention to the mess on my island.


Matthew Getting ready to dump some green frosting on who knows what.


I guess he decided to just put it back in the bowl.



Got Sprinkles?

Maybe just a few more.


Jonathan decided to make an appearance. Look at that yellow frosting.


Here I am showing Matthew the fine art of frosting cookies.


Luke decided he needed to add a few more colors of frosting to his cookies.



The end result of that idea. Tie-dye cookies anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the tie dye cookies! so cool!

Doni Brinkman said...

They look a far cry better than the gingerbread men my kids decorated. Hope they don't get their art skills from me!